Great Alne & Kinwarton Memorial Hall

The Hall is a registered charity and was built to commemorate the part played in the Great War by the men and women from Great Alne and Kinwarton. It was originally known as the Great Alne and Kinwarton War Memorial Village Club but its name was shortened to Great Alne and Kinwarton Memorial Hall in 2008.

The cost of the Hall was funded from donations made by residents and it was opened on 15th October 1921 by Sir Ernest Pollock, the 1st Viscount Hanworth KBE PC KC, MP for Warwick and Leamington, and Solicitor General in David Lloyd George's Conservative government.

An oak plaque listing the fallen and those who had served was unveiled by Mr A L Chance, the Parish Council Chairman, at 7.30pm on Sunday 3rd August 1924.  A second plaque was added after World War II. Photographs of the two plaques are shown below, together with downloadable transcripts of the rolls of honour and citations. Orbituaries for the fallen are also downloadable.

Great Alne & Kinwarton Memorial Hall

Further information about the Hall, including the names of donors, can be found by clicking on the Memorial Hall History link below and in Great Alne - A History by the Rev Frank Wain and illustrated by John Earle. Copies are available at Alcester library.

Copyright � 2010-2011 C A Designs. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright in the whole and every part of this website belongs to C A Designs ("the Owner") and may not be used, sold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of the Owner.

aaaaaaaaaaaaiii